Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oh...hi there!

I HAVE A BLOG?!  Whoops.  Sorry everyone.

These past few weeks have been kind of hectic.  I had spring break and started school again.

Well, it's been over two weeks since the YES Abroad In-Person Selection Event.  I have never been surrounded by so many mature and wonderful people.  I met new fantastic friends, and some that I hope to stay in touch with for the rest of my life.  The first day was general introductions, dinner, and learning our way around the hotel.  I had my interview the first night.  The second day was stuffed with lovely things such as group evaluations, more interviews, lots of amazing food, and socializing with the other semi-finalists.  The third day we had breakfast, some interviews and group evaluations (or lots of free time in my case), and too many sad goodbyes.  I didn't end up crying, but I certainly teared up watching a few of my buddies walk out the door and onto their shuttle, not knowing if I would see them again.  I suppose I won't give too many details, it is incredibly hard to describe the weekend.  Even two weeks later, I miss the camaraderie of it all, and the excitement in the air.  I miss my friends that came from every corner of the country.  Indiana.  Idaho.  California.  New York.  Oregon.    I dearly hope that I get to see everyone again, so I can tackle them to the floor in giant bear hugs.  Not to mention the fact that we would all be going abroad if we saw each other in the same room again.  It was a weekend I will never forget.

Now I am floating along in another wait.  We are supposed to find out mid-April, or around three weeks from the date of the IPSE.  I JUST WANT TO KNOW! O_O  I want this so badly...but everyone there was incredibly deserving as well.  I guess I'll just have to see how it pans out, but I will admit to hoping upon hope every day that I get in.

Anyway, enough of my ranting.  Did you miss my wonderful postings filled with mostly ramblings and large amounts of music?  I think yes.






These are just a few of all the pictures that I took that weekend.  Look at my previous post for a video that I made with all of my pictures!  

On a side note, my hair is now RED!  I think I prefer pink, but I figured I might as well try it :)


Well, that is all I have to say today.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment